The importance of renter’s insurance: Why is renter’s insurance even important? For many renters, this type of insurance coverage is completely neglected–but it does provide valuable protections for the renter’s themselves, let alone their apartment or house. What would happen to your belongings if:
- Your home gets flooded during rainy days?
- Someone broke into your home?
- A guest injured themselves while staying with you?
- Your rented home burned down?
A lot of people think getting renter’s insurance is a waste of money, others thing that they just don’t have enough belongings to “insure”. If you are one of those people, think a minute. Do you have?
If you answered yes to any of these (which I bet you did), then you should PROTECT YOUR BELONGINGS! There are four types of renter’s insurance coverage to consider:
- Personal Property – this protects your personal possessions
- Personal Liability – this protects you if someone is injured on your property
- Improvements Coverage – this protects you from a lawsuit if your rental is damaged
- Fire Legal Liability Coverage – this protects you from being held liable if there is a fire
If you can afford renters insurance, you should really consider buying it — if only for safety’s sake! –Miss Lisa “Insurance” Doughty PRANDI Property Management, Office Coordinator